When does a problem become too big or too complex that you finally ask for help? Changing a light bulb is easy but who do you call when the light switch stops working? An electrician right?
Sometimes there are things we can handle on our own and sometimes there are problems that are best left to the experts.
Finding the right solution to deal with the challenge at hand is universally important. Just as you wouldn’t march single-handedly into your workplace armed with a stick and a pillowcase to catch a 20-foot snake, when setting out to design or upgrade an enterprise-grade wireless network, you’ll want to consult the experts.
Here's an outline of our 5 step WiFi design process.
How We Do It
We’ve spent more than a decade perfecting our process for designing and managing large-scale wireless networks. It can be summarized in five steps:
- Software-based predictive design: We input your specifications and our software gives us a predictive design, which we then tweak manually to make sure it’s customized for your specific uses and needs.
- WiFi site survey: If your environment requires an onsite visit, we'll take our predictive design to your location to make real-world adjustments, accounting for possible sources of RF reflection or interference.
- WLAN engineering: Here’s where the magic happens. Our engineers perform the configuration, integration, and system testing to get your network up and running properly—and securely.
- Performance assessment/validation: This do-or-die step tests the coverage and performance of the newly installed system to validate its functionality—making sure the actual devices your employees, customers, or guests will be using work as they should.
- Performance monitoring and system management: As a managed WiFi service provider, SecurEdge monitors your network, updates software, and addresses performance issues, all on a monthly basis.
(Our CEO has written a more in-depth explanation of these steps, along with reasons why enterprise-grade WiFi planning is so complex.)
Now that you have an understanding of how we do it, hopefully you’re beginning to see that you shouldn’t attempt to design an enterprise-grade wireless network on your own.
At SecurEdge, we often say that WiFi design is just as much an art as it is a science.
Wireless networks are something that changes rapidly, from the technology being used (mobile devices) to end-user expectations—it takes a highly technical, very specific skill set to design an enterprise-grade wireless network correctly.
Because it takes a lot of time and money to gain the necessary expertise, experience, and certifications in wireless networking, it’s very unlikely that your company has someone in-house who is adequately equipped to take this on.
In short: drop the stick and the pillowcase, and call animal control.
Fast, secure, and reliable wireless service has become a crucial part of doing business in every industry. Just like electricity and running water, it’s a utility that your business can’t do without.
But unlike those other utilities, you actually get to choose your wireless provider.
Of course, some managed WiFi providers are better than others. So when choosing a WiFi provider, you’ll want to do some research and ask the right questions.
Beyond the Design
Beyond the initial WiFi design, maintaining and updating your wireless network will be an ongoing process. Think of your wireless network as a living, breathing entity. It’s always changing and needs proper monitoring and health checks.
The last thing you want is to invest the time and resources to implement a high-quality WiFi network for your business, only to have it grow obsolete and vulnerable to poor performance and security threats within a couple years.
This is where WiFi as a Service (WaaS) comes in. When you partner with a managed WiFi provider like SecurEdge, your company gets access to all the technical expertise required not just for designing and executing your wireless network, but also for monitoring and updating it on an ongoing basis.
There are so many benefits of a managed WiFi subscription. This platform gives you the wifi network you need right now, provides the best service to your end users, and allows you to budget out the operational costs of the network over time rather than having to make one large up-front capital expense.
And because your company’s WiFi needs will be different four to five years from now, SecurEdge will help you scale your network up or down over time.
Fast, secure wireless connectivity isn’t optional anymore. If you’re ready to find out how SecurEdge can help you with every stage of designing, installing, and supporting your enterprise-grade wireless network, please contact us here.
Leave the pythons to us.